Although evoking flavours of Easter hot cross buns, this Cinnamon Raisin Negroni is in fact perfect as an after dinner cocktail for just about any occasion. Accentuate the flavours of the wonderfully fragrant Adelaide Hills Rosso Vermouth with cinnamon, orange peel and raisins to give you a subtle spiced Negroni that can be paired with cinnamon donuts or most pastries. This is not an in your face whack of cinnamon and raisin but a more subtle note.
The Rosso Vermouth is available as part of the Adelaide Hills Distillery Negroni pack, with the 200ml bottle perfect for infusions.
- 30ml Adelaide Hills 75 Degrees gin
- 30ml Adelaide Hills Distillery Bitter Orange
- 50ml cinnamon and raisin infused Adelaide Hills Rosso Vermouth
How to make the cinnamon raisin infusion
- Take 200ml of the Adelaide Hills Distillery Rosso Vermouth and drop in a stick of cinnamon, a tablespoon of raisins, a small sliver of orange peel and three cloves
- Leave to stand overnight (at least 12 hours)
- Strain out raisins, peel and spices and the vermouth is ready to use! Store unused vermouth in the fridge.
How to make the Cinnamon Raisin Negroni
- Combine gin, Bitter Orange and Rosso Vermouth in a shaker filled with ice.
- Stir to chill and dilute
- Strain into a glass with a large cube of ice