Taking its cue from the dirty martini, traditionally made with olive brine, the Dirty Caper Martini gets the umami undertones from the use of caper juice, which also adds a sour tang to the mix and ties together the sharp herbaceous flavour of the St Felix Wild Forest Gin used in this recipe, with the slightly sweet but oh so aromatic Riserva Martini Ambrato vermouth. This is truly one of those cocktails where the whole is greater than the sum of its parts - each individual ingredient might seem disparate on its own, but brought together, it's like a symphony of flavours! This cocktail pairs really well with roast lamb, or even blue cheese.
- 60ml St Felix Wild Forest Gin
- 15ml Martini Reserva Ambrato vermouth
- 5ml juice from jar of capers
- Capers to garnish
- Combine all ingredients in a shaker filled with ice.
- Shake vigorously
- Strain into a chilled martini glass
- Garnish with capers