Egg Nog is a traditional Christmas tipple, but there it's a lovely winter warmer. Alternatively, you can chill it down for summer days!
- 170ml Darling Gin
- 500ml milk
- 250ml cream
- 3 Eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup of sugar
HOW TO MAKE A GIN EGG NOG
- Whisk the egg yolks with sugar in a mixing bowl
- Gently heat milk and cinnamon in a saucepan over a low heat for 5 minutes
- Add the egg yolk mixture to the saucepan, slowly folding it in
- Stir constantly and don't allow to boil
- Slowly add the gin, cream and nutmeg, stirring continuously.
- Serve hot garnished with a cinnamon quill, or refrigerate overnight and serve cold over ice topped with a sprinkle of nutmeg or brown sugar.