As the cold weather sets in, swap out the tonic for honey and some spices to make this an alcoholic cuppa to have. Fireplace optional.
The beauty of this recipe is that virtually every ingredient can be tweaked to suit your taste. Prefer it sweeter? Up the amount of honey. Want it spicier? Add more cloves or cinnamon. Prefer it stronger? Well....just add more gin!
- 30ml gin (Farmer's Wife Autumn Dry Gin or the Audemus Pink Pepper gin would work well here)
- 1 tablespoon honey (halve this if you prefer it less sweet)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2-3 cloves
HOW TO MAKE A HOT GIN TODDY
- Combine honey, water, cinnamon and cloves in a small saucepan. Stir and bring to a simmer but not boil.
- Add in gin and stir to combine. Let the mixture simmer for a minute. The longer you simmer this, the more the alcohol will burn off so if you prefer to taste your gin, we'd suggest you only let it simmer for a minute or less to allow the gin to integrate with the rest of the ingredients.
- Pour into mug or serving vessel. Garnish with a dehydrated orange.