When you think of lamingtons, chocolate and coconut come to mind. This cocktail evokes exactly that, but with a toasty coconut aroma on the nose, dark chocolate coming through and a nice creamy silky finish. The addition of the Puss & Mew Navy Strength gin gives this a bit of punch but also complements the sweetness of the drink, as the gin itself has a subtle sweetness to it.
Let the cocktail sit for a bit and you'll get more of the gin botanicals coming through.
- 40ml Puss & Mew Honey Coconut Gin
- 25ml Puss & Mew Navy Strength Gin
- 15ml clear creme de cacao
- 10 sugar syrup*
*To make the sugar syrup, dissolve one part sugar in one part water
How to make a Lamington Martini
- Pour all ingredients into shaker and fill with ice
- Shake vigorously
- Strain into a chilled glass
- Garnish with three maraschino cherries rolled in coconut threaded through a cocktail pick.
- If you like, serve with a lamington on the side! (or even a Bounty chocolate bar)