We both love our Navy strength and over-proof gins. Why? Because the higher the ABV (alcohol by volume) the more the flavour of the botanicals is retained.
If you are watching your alcohol intake you can get the same delicious ginny taste in your cocktail, even if you are using a smaller measure.
This Lightning gin and vermouth spritz is our go-to for an easy drinking, lower ABV, lower cal* tipple
- 45ml Dry vermouth
- 15ml Karu Distillery Lightning gin
- 2 drops Bittermans Hopped Grapefruit Bitters
- 60ml Fever-Tree Pink Grapefruit Soda (*30 calories per bottle)
HOW TO MAKE A LIGHTNING GIN & VERMOUTH SPRITZ
- Place a couple of ice cubes in a wine glass.
- Add vermouth, gin and bitters.
- Stir gently.
- Add a little more ice and top up with Fever-Tree pink grapefruit soda.
- Stir again and garnish with a wedge of pink grapefruit.