Ingredients for Raspberry Gin and Tonic Ice-cream
- 100ml water
- 100ml Fever-Tree Mediterranean Tonic Water
- 50g caster sugar
- 2 punnets of raspberries
- A couple of sprigs of fresh mint
- 200ml double cream
- 5 tablespoons icing sugar
- 60ml Pinkster raspberry gin
Method for making the syrup
- Simmer the water, tonic water and sugar together.
- Add handful of raspberries and a sprig of mint, plus some jam if desired.
- Leave the syrup to simmer and thicken for about 15 mins (Don't do what I did and leave it to turn back into jam!
- Strain and then place in the fridge to cool.
Method for making the Raspberry Gin and Tonic Ice-cream
- Whisk the double cream in a large bowl until it thickens
- Add the gin
- Slowly whisk in icing sugar.
- Add 50ml of the raspberry syrup, stir until smooth.
- Stir in a handful of chopped raspberries.
- Pour the mixture into a lidded container and freeze overnight.
How to make a Raspberry Gin and Tonic Ice-cream Float
- Put some raspberries and ice at the bottom of a highball glass.
- Add about 50ml of Pinkster gin and top up with tonic.
- Add two scoops on top of the gin and tonic. Garnish with raspberries and mint leaves.