- 30ml Sloe and Star Anise Gin
- 30ml Tempranillo reduction
- 60ml Campari
- orange peel/star anise to garnish
To make the Sloe and Star Anise infused gin
- Add star anise to McHenry Sloe gin and infuse for three days.
To make Tempranillo reduction
- 200ml Tempranillo wine
- pinch of crushed star anise
- 100g of dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of corn syrup or golden syrup (optional)
- Simmer the wine and star anise in a non-stick pan and slowly add the sugar.
- Turn down heat and stir constantly with a wooden spoon until all the sugar has dissolved and the mixture has reduced by a third.
- Turn off the heat and leave for 20-30 minutes to cool and for the flavours to infuse.
- Adding the corn syrup to the finished product will keep the reduction smooth.
To make to Sloe Gin and Tempranillo Negroni
- Stir the ingredients in a mixing glass over ice.
- Strain into a rocks glass filled with a large ice-cube.
- Garnish with the orange peel and or star anise.