Inspired by that middle eastern dessert, this Turkish Delight Gin cocktail isn't sickly sweet but rather harnesses the subtle rose flavour that runs through the Puss & Mew Spiced Turkish Delight gin to uplift the chocolate notes of the liqueur. The sweeter notes are balanced out by the hefty juniper kick courtesy of the Navy Strength gin.
The clear creme de cacao contributes to a transparent looking cocktail, that lends the illusion of this being like a "regular" martini. If you can't find clear creme de cacao, you could use the brown coloured one. But if you do, your martini cocktail will of course, take on a more chocolate colour akin to the Turkish Delight dessert. Ultimately, it'll still be a tasty drink!
- 50ml Puss & Mew Spiced Turkish Delight Gin
- 25ml Puss & Mew Navy Strength Gin
- 15ml clear creme de cacao
- 10ml sugar syrup*
*To make the sugar syrup, dissolve one part sugar in one part hot water. Then let cool. If making over the stove, don't have the mixture boil over or simmer for long beyond the sugar dissolving.
How to make a Turkish Delight Gin Martini cocktail
- Pour all ingredients into shaker and fill with ice
- Shake vigorously
- Strain into a chilled glass
- Garnish with an edible large rose petal floating in the drink. Or serve the martini cocktail with a side of Turkish Delight chocolate bar.